As our global community continues to grow, we’re looking for an in-house Brand Designer to evolve our visual identity and brand voice across email, web, social, and in-person events. This is a great opportunity for someone who has bold ideas, doesn’t mind being the sole creative, and enjoys working independently and from anywhere.
At Out in Tech, we unite the LGBTQ+ tech community through regular events and volunteer opportunities. We design our experiences around making tech more inclusive and representative of all underestimated groups, especially those historically barred from the world’s most influential careers — queer, femme/female, trans, Black, Latinx, gender non-conforming, or any intersection thereof.
The Brand Designer will play a key role in shaping the future of Out in Tech by inspiring our members to feel something when they see our brand show up on- and offline. You’ll work directly with our Senior Marketing Manager and Executive Director to create visually distinct assets that draw people in, stop the scroll, and drive conversion. Your designs and templates will be used to promote digital and IRL experiences around the world, and will yield organic impressions, earned media, and inbound leads. Yay!
Note: we view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list.
Responsibilities of the role include:
● Create designed templates for email, web, and social in line with your creative vision for the org
● Over time, develop a brand book that can be used by interns, volunteers, and other staff
● Facilitate a streamlined, intuitive member experience that drives partner and member stickiness
● Create a logo system to be used across the ~40 Out in Tech global chapters
● Create assets such as social banners, post templates, speaker slides, and hero images
● Utilize color palettes and designs that meet visual accessibility best practices
● Research design trends to ensure our visual identity stays fresh on LinkedIn, IG, and YouTube
● Ad-doc design requests, such as physical swag items, stage backdrops, or table banners
● Provide backstop marketing ops support in the absence of the Senior Marketing Manager
We’re looking for someone with:
● 3+ years experience designing for brands, ideally with some copywriting experience
● Knowledge of Photoshop, Figma, InDesign, Canva, and/or other design tools
● Ideas about how we can drive systemic change in tech through design
● Highly organized with strong attention to detail and deadlines
● Motion graphic production/video editing experience, a plus
Our culture attracts those with a passion for social justice and equity. You can bring your whole self to work (or not, when you’re taking advantage of our unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule). Compensation for this role ranges from $60,000-90,000 commensurate with experience, and includes monthly health insurance reimbursement and 401k with 4% employer match. You will have access to all of the devices, tools, and professional development experiences that enable you to flourish.