Self-ID in the Workplace
The below is a sample self-ID form that we recommend you use & implement at your company to have a better understanding on the composition of your workforce.
Having confidential data around sexual orientation and gender identity of your employees has multiple benefits, including:
- A baseline for LGBTQ+ representation at your company
- The ability to come up with a series of quantifiable objectives (e.g. have at least 5% of our workforce identity as queer by 2025)
- Send a message to your employees that you care about their lived experiences and are engaged in making the workplace a safe one for them
- Set the basis for the creation of employee resource groups
- Contribute to a larger effort to understand and increase LGBTQ+ representation in the tech industry