Out in Tech is hiring an Events Producer!
Events Producer, Out in Tech
NYC or LA
Part-time (Approx 20 hrs/week)
PDF version of JD here
Last year, we brought together 400 LGBTQ+ execs and allies for a weekend centered around tech + diversity (check it here). This fall, our team is going bigger, bolder, longer, and queerer. To do this, we’re looking for a hardworking Events Producer to help turn our ambitious vision into a reality.
You will lead logistics for the next Out in Tech Talks under the mentorship of our Program Director and with support from volunteers and vendors. We envision this role as part-time and project-based, starting as soon as possible and concluding by early 2020.
You’re excited to develop a stellar weekend of programming, able to communicate efficiently with the various players involved, and to ready to keep track of all the moving pieces. You’ve ideally already organized a large-scale conference.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Execute seamless event production (e.g., venues, catering, equipment, A/V, check-in)
- Produce an outstanding experience for all guests, speakers, and sponsors
- Drive communication with sponsors, ensuring all obligations are met
- Liaise with speakers and guests to ensure they’re well-prepared
- Collaborate closely with our full-time staff of three
- Represent the organization externally
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in event/conference planning (or similar)
- Experience planning and executing large events, possibly in tech, media, or non-profits
- Attention to detail and highly organized — can track and recall lots of information
- Strong project management skills, can use or learn cloud-based tools like Google Suite, Airtable, Slack, and Eventbrite
- Confident and concise communicator, as you’ll engage with decision makers
- Thoughtful. You understand that our events are a reflection of our values
If this sounds like you, we look forward to reading your application.
Our culture attracts those with a real passion for social justice and equity. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and transgender or gender non-conforming people to apply. You can bring your whole self to work.
Out in Tech takes diversity and equal opportunity seriously. We seek to build an inclusive team where all belong because we believe that will enable us to do our best work.