Out in Tech BOS | Tech-nically Dating
February 12, 2020 6:00 pm - 9:15 pm
Love is in the air…or is love in the app? What is the impact of technology on LGTBQ+ dating? Come join the discussion as we explore the different facets, both positive and negative, about how apps like Tinder, Grindr, and OKCupid have changed dating dynamics.
21+. Drinks and snacks served.
NOTE: Limtied seating and standing room! Get your ticket early
Fearless Moderator: Katie Martell (she/her/queen) // On-demand communications strategist
1. Ro Dowling (she/they) // CEO of the Welcoming Committee
2. Eric Peters (he/him/his) // Product Manager at HubSpot
3. Krissy Dolor (she/her/hers) // eFlirt expert
4. Johnathan Spence (he/him/his) // Licensed Agile Coach, CSM
6:00 PM | Doors open
6:45 PM | Panel Begins
7:35 PM | Q&A
8:00 PM | Social
9:15 PM | Event Ends
How to get there
- Office is at 40 Water Street, between Congress Street and Devonshire Street, right around the corner from the State Street T stop.
- Once inside 40 Water Street, check in with Security on the ground level. Security will direct you to the elevators. Once at the elevators, please select the 5th floor as your destination on the screen and proceed to the elevator car indicated on the display. When you arrive on the 5th floor, head through the glass doors to the reception area; we’ll take it from there!
How to find us:
- If you drive: Nearest garages are Icon Parking (entrance on Devonshire) and Pi Alley Parking Garage (entrance on Washington). Parking in our neighborhood can be pricey and difficult to navigate, so here are some public transportation options you can take as an alternative:
- If you take commuter rail to South Station: we’re an 9-minute walk.
- If you take commuter rail to North Station: we’re a 17-minute walk, or take the Orange line T two stops to State Street (direction is “Forest Hills”).
- If you take the Blue or Orange line: take it to the State Street stop, we’re a 1 minute walk down Water St.
- If you take the Red line: take it to the Downtown Crossing stop. We’re a 5 minute walk down Washington St to Water St.
- If you take the Green line: take it to the Government Center stop. We’re a 5 minute walk via Court St and Washington St to Water St.
Note: Out in Tech’s Code of Conduct applies to all our spaces, online and IRL.
40 Water St 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02109Note:
Love is in the air…or is love in the app? What is the impact of technology on LGTBQ+ dating? Come join the discussion as we explore the di
No upcoming events.