Out in Tech is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that unites the LGBTQ+ tech community.
We do this by creating opportunities for our 30,000 members to advance their careers, grow their networks, and leverage tech for social change.
To ensure all are seen and heard in the defining sector of our time, we:
- Inspire queer and questioning youth to explore tech through Out in Tech U
- Support LGBTQ+ equality and activists with Out in Tech Digital Corps
- Assist aspiring LGBTQ+ techies with the Out in Tech Coding Scholarship
- Host 75+ local events annually to bring people together in real life
We envision a tech industry where LGBTQ+ people are empowered, well represented, and have full agency, from intern to CEO. We believe this will lead to:
- Equitable and inclusive workplaces for all underrepresented groups;
- Innovative new ideas, products, and platforms; and
- A more just future, built by and for our interconnected global community.
Our Core Values:
- Kindness (to one another, on- and offline)
- Knowledge (timely and thought-provoking content)
- Belonging (events for the full LGBTQ+ spectrum, and those who love us)
- Joy (we take your time and our community seriously, not ourselves)
Out in Tech has active chapters in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Portland, Chicago, DC, Boston, and Austin — with more on the way!
Our Members Work At
Out in Tech’s Board of Directors provides advice and support to Out in Tech’s staff and activities. As proud and active members of the LGBTQ+ tech community themselves, they bring expertise and passion to the organization.